The world WIREDcelebrates is a place of hard work and innovation, but also creativity, fun, and delight. We are as excited about the future of personal genetic testing as we are about art, science, and even the future of food. The four-day WIRED Festival, happening all over San Francisco on October 12–15, celebrates everything that makes today's world fascinating, inspiring, and, yes, sometimes a little unsettling.
Our updated speaker and event lineup includes a robot petting zoo (where the robots pet you back!), a punning contest, an art studio tour, some kid-friendly science fun with Adam Savage's Mythbusters Jr., behind-the-scenes tours of SFMOMA, a DJ set with Questlove, and screenings of WIRED-approved films at Alamo Drafthouse.
The four-day celebration will start with WIRED25 WORK, a day of insider office tours, and culminate at the WIRED25 SUMMIT at SF Jazz. There, some of the lead innovators of our time will discuss everything from blood-delivering drones to the future of money. Speakers and participants announced so far include:
- Sam Altman, president, Y Combinator; cochair, OpenAI
- Janelle Ayres, associate professor, Nomis Center for Immunobiology & Microbial Pathogenesis, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, Salesforce
- Jewel Burks, team lead, visual search, Amazon
- Malkia Cyril, founder and executive director, Center for Media Justice
- Tinker Hatfield, vice president, creative concepts, Nike
- Reid Hoffman, entrepreneur, executive, and investor; cofounder, LinkedIn; partner, Greylock
- Joi Ito, director, MIT Media Lab
- Jony Ive, chief design officer, Apple
- Jenny Lay-Flurrie, chief accessibility officer, Microsoft
- Jiwoo Lee, computational biology and medical anthropology student, Stanford University
- Kai-Fu Lee, chair and CEO, Sinovation Ventures
- Fei-Fei Li, director, Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab; chief scientist of AI and machine learning, Google Cloud
- Neha Narula, director, Digital Currency Initiative, MIT Media Lab
- Alexis Ohanian, cofounder, Initialized; cofounder, Reddit
- Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
- Jennifer Pahlka, founder and executive director, Code for America
- Sean Parker, entrepreneur and investor; chairman and founder, Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy
- Questlove, drummer, DJ, producer and culinary entrepreneur
- Marc Raibert, founder and CEO, Boston Dynamics
- Adam Savage, host, MythBusters Jr.
- Shivani Siroya, founder and CEO, Tala
- Kevin Systrom, CEO and cofounder, Instagram
- Jill Tarter, author, The 21st Century: The Century of Biology on Earth and Beyond
- Sebastian Thrun, CEO, Kitty Hawk
- Margaret Turnbull, astrobiologist; 2018 independent candidate for governor of Wisconsin
For more information on WIRED25, including event news, programming updates, and speaker announcements, visit WIRED.com/25 and follow @WIRED #WIRED25. For details on how to purchase tickets to WIRED25 go to WIRED.com/25.