The Vizio 55-Inch 4K OLED costs $900 at Best Buy
Is Vizio's 4K OLED TV Right for You?
If you buy something using links in our stories, we may earn a commission. This helps support our journalism. Learn more .
I haven't spent enough time with the Vizio OLED to write a full review, but I currently have one in the testing room and have been putting it through its paces for about a week. So far, so good. It looks every bit as fantastic as its more expensive counterparts from LG, with gorgeous contrast and a super-thin screen. That's no shock, given that the panel inside the Vizio is made in LG's factory (as are all OLED TV panels on the planet).
Another thing Vizio's TV has in common with LG models is HDMI 2.1 ports, which enable it to play 4K games at a 120-Hz refresh rate with next-gen consoles like the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. It lacks Nvidia G-Sync support though, something you'll find on the pricier LG CX , so serious PC gamers should probably look elsewhere.As far as the TV's interface, I like Vizio's SmartCast system. It allows you to easily access media from phones and built-in apps. It's even got a center pedestal mount instead of feet on each side of the TV, so you can easily fit it on old TV stands from the pre-flatscreen days.
WIRED's Black Friday Coverage
- Kindle, Echo, and Fire Deals
- Google Nest and Pixel Deals
- Mattress Deals
- Phone and Tablet Deals
- Video Game Deals
- 📩 Want the latest on tech, science, and more? Sign up for our newsletters !
- One man’s search for the DNA data that could save his life
- Wish List: Gift ideas for your social bubble and beyond
- The “dead zone” could help this car take on Tesla
- The vulnerable can wait. Vaccinate the super-spreaders first
- 7 simple tech tips to keep your family safe this holiday
- 🎮 WIRED Games: Get the latest tips, reviews, and more
- 🏃🏽♀️ Want the best tools to get healthy? Check out our Gear team’s picks for the best fitness trackers , running gear (including shoes and socks ), and best headphones