Taylor Swift Got to Play Her Hits at the AMAsAfter a long dust-up between Taylor Swift and her former label Big Machine over whether she’d be able to play any of her old songs at the American Music Awards last night, Swift took the stage in Los Angeles’ Microsoft Theater and played quite a few of them. From 2008’s “Love Story” to her current hit “Lover,” Swift performed a full medley before accepting the award for Artist of the Decade. (She also won Artist of the Year.) The night’s other big winners? Billie Eilish, who won New Artist of the Year, and Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus, who won for Favorite Song—Rap/Hip-Hop for “Old Town Road.”
Frozen 2 Dominated the Box OfficePerhaps not surprisingly, Frozen 2 had a helluva weekend at the box office. The Disney animated film brought in $127 million in North America, setting a November record for an animated film. Elsa and the gang also pulled in a gargantuan $223 million overseas for a global take of $350 million. If it makes another $650 million—not an impossibility by any stretch—it will be the sixth Disney film this year to gross $1 billion.
- A journey to Galaxy's Edge, the nerdiest place on earth
- Burglars really do use Bluetooth scanners to find laptops and phones
- How the dumb design of a WWII plane led to the Macintosh
- Electric cars—and irrationality—just might save the stick shift
- China's sprawling movie sets put Hollywood to shame
- 👁 A safer way to protect your data ; plus, the latest news on AI
- ✨ Optimize your home life with our Gear team’s best picks, from robot vacuums to affordable mattresses to smart speakers .