Most of the Roku devices we've tested and recommend are discounted at this moment, so it's a good time to buy if you've been in the market for one.
If you buy something using links in our stories, we may earn a commission. This helps support our journalism. Learn more .
Roku Deals We've Found
Roku has a ton of devices, so we made a guide to finding the right Roku for you . Whether you want to spend as little as possible on a small, unassuming device, or can spring for the soundbar, there's something in the Roku family that should appeal to your needs.
- ★ Top Pick—Streaming Stick Plus for $43 ($7 off): The Streaming Stick Plus works with HD or 4K HDR televisions, and is our choice for most people. It has dual-band Wi-Fi with a longer range and can connect to 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz networks—which is particularly nice if you live in a city apartment. Plus it has voice search, and the remote can control your TV's volume and power. Just make sure your TV has a spot for this to stick out from the HDMI port. It's also discounted on Amazon, but costs slightly more at $46.
- Roku Ultra for $91 ($9 off): We've seen this price for the last month or so. The Ultra's features are similar to the Streaming Stick Plus, but it has a faster processor which makes it better for streaming live TV. There's a headphone jack on the remote (and it comes with a nice pair of earbuds) so you can watch TV at night without waking your housemates.
- Roku Premiere for $25 ($10 off): The Premiere is bare bones. It doesn't have voice search, and you can't control your TV's volume or power with the remote. Go for this one if you want to spend as little as possible but still get support for your 4K TV. You can get it from Target, too.
- Roku Smart Soundbar for $150 ($30 off): If you spend a lot of time watching TV or movies, a soundbar is a good investment . This one has a Roku built into it, so you don't have to think about setting up multiple devices. It doesn't have a subwoofer, so we recommend it for smaller rooms. We have a full soundbar guide , if you want to explore other, more advanced audio options.
- Roku Streambar for $110 ($20 off): The Streambar is more compact than the soundbar above. It's only $40 cheaper, so if you have the space, it probably makes sense to spend the extra money to get the better sound, but the Streambar is good for smaller spaces since it's just 14 inches long. You can get it discounted from Target, too.
If you're not convinced Roku will work for you, we also have a guide on the best streaming devices from all the major brands. I suggest looking at the Chromecast with Google TV .Special offer for Gear readers: Get a 1-year subscription to WIRED for $5 ($25 off) . This includes unlimited access to WIRED.com and our print magazine (if you'd like). Subscriptions help fund the work we do every day.
- 📩 The latest on tech, science, and more: Get our newsletters !
- How to remember a disaster without being shattered by it
- Could fruit flies help match patients with cancer treatments ?
- Gig workers track their own data to check the app's math
- 8 great chess apps for beginners and grandmasters
- Clubhouse cured my imposter syndrome
- 🎮 WIRED Games: Get the latest tips, reviews, and more
- 💻 Upgrade your work game with our Gear team’s favorite laptops , keyboards , typing alternatives , and noise-canceling headphones