Show NotesMatt Simon’s story on microplastics is here . Read Arielle’s story about Reddit’s livestreaming experiment here . Read Lauren’s review of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ here . Read Boone Ashworth's story about Android’s new naming conventions here .
RecommendationsMatt recommends a series of books about wildfires by Stephen Pyne. Lauren recommends an episode of the Bill Simmons Podcast featuring journalist Kara Swisher. Arielle recommends the podcast Carrier. Mike recommends the book How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan.
How to Listen
You can always listen to this week's podcast through the audio player on this page, but if you want to subscribe for free to get every episode, here's how:If you're on an iPhone or iPad, open the app called Podcasts, or just tap this link. You can also download an app like Overcast or Pocket Casts, and search for Gadget Lab. If you use Android, you can find us in the Google Play Music app just by tapping here. We’re on Spotify too. You can also download an app like Pocket Casts or Google Podcasts, and search for Gadget Lab. And in case you really need it, here's the RSS feed .
Every episode also gets posted to wired.com as soon as it's released. If you still can't figure it out, or there's another platform you use that we're not on, let us know.
- The psychedelic, glow-in-the-dark art of Alex Aliume
- 3 years of misery inside Google , the happiest place in tech
- Hackers can turn speakers into acoustic cyber weapons
- 8 ways overseas drug manufacturers dupe the FDA
- The terrible anxiety of location-sharing apps
- 👁 Facial recognition is suddenly everywhere . Should you worry? Plus, read the latest news on artificial intelligence
- 🏃🏽♀️ Want the best tools to get healthy? Check out our Gear team’s picks for the best fitness trackers , running gear (including shoes and socks ), and best headphones .
- #Gadget Lab Podcast