Rihanna Is Donating $5 Million to Covid-19 ReliefIn other coronavirus-related news, pop mogul Rihanna’s charitable organization is donating $5 million to Covid-19 relief. The Clara Lionel Foundation is going to "on-the-ground partners working on the front lines of disaster response, especially those focused on protecting and serving marginalized communities—helping the most vulnerable in the United States, the Caribbean, and in Africa prepare for what is to come," the organization said in a statement. The funds will go to, among other organizations, Feeding America, Direct Relief, the World Health Organization’s Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund, and Partners in Health.Rosario Dawson Is Joining The MandalorianRosario Dawson is headed to The Mandalorian . According to Slashfilm, the actress is set to play Ahsoka Tano, who previously appeared on the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The character will appear in the second season of the Disney+ series.
Christian Siriano Working on Making Masks for Coronavirus Care ProvidersOne final piece of coronavirus news: Project Runway star Christian Siriano is offering his fashion company’s resources to make face masks for folks who need them. The designer made the offer on Twitter after New York governor Andrew Cuomo mentioned that the state’s medical workers desperately need more masks. Per a report in BuzzFeed News, Siriano and the state are in talks to figure out “how this will work,” according to his rep.
- The “surreal” frenzy inside the US’ biggest mask maker
- Should earthlings chase ‘Oumuamua into interstellar space ?
- I played a “perp” on a popular TV show—except it wasn’t me
- Airlines use empty passenger jets to ease the cargo crunch
- Panic, pandemic, and the body politic
- 👁 If AI's so smart, why can't it grasp cause and effect ? Plus, get the latest artificial intelligence news
- 📱 Torn between the latest phones? Never fear—check out our iPhone buying guide and favorite Android phones