WIRED's Pre-Black Friday Coverage
- Early Deals
- Outdoors Deals
- Shopping Tips
If you buy something using links in our stories, we may earn a commission. This helps support our journalism. Learn more .
Echo DealsEcho speakers are one of the cheapest, easiest ways to explore smart home tech. You can use Alexa to check the weather, stream music, control compatible devices, and more. Check out this Alexa speaker buying guide to figure out which Echo is best. These tips will help keep your privacy intact when placing smart speakers around your house.
- The New Echo Dot for $29 ($21 off): Amazon recently updated the Echo Dot, and there are two models, this one and the one with a clock (see the next deal). Both are spherical in shape. Both are very similar to the new standard Echo. We haven't had a chance to spend time with it yet, but if anything the new rounder shape should make it easier to see the clock on a nightstand and should project sound in more directions. If you need a smart bulb, you can get this deal, plus a Sengled Smart Bulb for the same price.
- Echo Dot with clock for $39 ($21 off): This one has the same speaker as the plain Echo Dot, but adds a digital clock face, which makes it great for the bedside.
- Echo Dot Kids Edition for $39 ($21 off): The kids edition Echo Dot offers some parental controls and kid-friendly designs. The also include a year of Amazon Kids+ (formerly FreeTime Unlimited) content. After the first year Amazon Kids+ is $3 per month, so be sure to make a note on your calendar if you plan to cancel.
- Echo Dot (Previous model) for $19 ($21 off): Long live the hockey puck! If you don't need the improvements in the new Dot this is a good price for what we still think is the basic smart home building block. You can place it nearly anywhere. It sounds pretty good for its size and is a great way to test the world of smart home devices without spending a fortune
Echo for $70 ($30 off): The new, round Echo is Amazon's best smart speaker yet, with bolder bass and better voice recognition for all your Alexa commands.
- Echo Show 8 for $65 ($65 off): The Echo Show 8 is the middle child in Amazon's Alexa-powered smart display lineup. The screen is big enough to read from a good distance, but it doesn't hog counter space in your kitchen or office.
- Echo Show 5 for $45 ($45 off): The Echo Show 5 isn't our favorite smart display, but if space is limited and you want a screen—for example, on your nightstand—it gets the job done.
- Echo Show 5 and Blink Mini Camera for $50 ($30 off): This bundled deal saves you a bit on the Echo Show and throws in a Blink mini indoor camera.
- Echo Flex for $10 ($15 off): The Flex is Amazon's tiny, wall socket speaker. The bathroom speaker we call it. It has a USB port on the bottom so you can charge your phone, or plug in an Amazon-made night light.