Birds of Prey Is Number One at the Box OfficeDespite all the Hollywood hoopla around the Oscars, this past weekend was a pretty slow one for moviegoers. The weekend only had one new wide release, and it came out on top. Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn, the DC flick starring Margot Robbie as her Suicide Squad antihero Harley Quinn, pulled in $33.3 million at the box office. That figure is about $20 million below expectations, but it's possible the solid reviews and some word-of-mouth could help it gain some traction.Cats Leads the Razzies NominationsMeanwhile, amidst all the surprises of the Oscar wins, here’s some less shocking news: Cats leads this year’s Razzie nominations. The feline film is up for five awards, including Worst Picture. Also nominated: Sylvester Stallone (Rambo: Last Blood), John Travolta (The Fanatic and Trading Paint), and Tyler Perry (A Madea Family Funeral). See the full list of nominees here.
- The ragtag squad that saved 38,000 Flash games from internet oblivion
- The tiny brain cells that connect our mental and physical health
- How to get the most out of your smartphone's encryption
- Vancouver wants to avoid other cities' mistakes with Uber and Lyft
- The eerie repopulation of the Fukushima exclusion zone
- 👁 The secret history of facial recognition . Plus, the latest news on AI
- ✨ Optimize your home life with our Gear team’s best picks, from robot vacuums to affordable mattresses to smart speakers