"Avengers, assemble." It's a simple enough command, but who, exactly, needs that call? The Avengers have existed in a plethora of comics over decades; keeping their ranks straight is tough—even for Avengers.
In Sheer Scope, Avengers: Infinity War Is an Unreplicable Success
New Avengers: Endgame Trailer Promises 'Fight of Our Lives'
Avengers: Endgame Will Rule the Box Office—but Not For Long
On their recent press tour, WIRED asked Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Okoye (Danai Gurira), War Machine (Don Cheadle), and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) to name their compatriots and the results were … not exactly spot-on.
"That's a pretty deep question," said Johansson.
"Dudes and chicks, just hangin' out, saving the world," replied Cheadle.
"Very cool folks, man," Gurira added.
For those wondering, the correct answer is: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, War Machine, and Spider-Man. But just because this crew of heroes—or the actors who play them, at least—don't know anything about the Marvel universe. We asked them 50 of the most commonly Googled questions about the franchise. Their answers are in the video above.
- Combatting drug deaths with opioid vending machines
- What to expect from Sony's next-gen PlayStation
- The stunning loneliness of megacities at night
- Helvetica, the world's most popular font, gets a face-lift
- A new strategy for treating cancer , thanks to Darwin
- ✨Optimize your home life with our Gear team's best picks, from robot vacuums to affordable mattresses to smart speakers .
- 📩 Want more? Sign up for our daily newsletter and never miss our latest and greatest stories
Hot on the heels of the second trailer for Captain Marvel, Disney dropped the first trailer early Friday morning for what we now know is called Avengers: Endgame, the followup this spring's Thanos-kills-half-the-universe heart-stopper Avengers: Infinity War. And, to be honest, it's not quite the trailer everyone was expecting.Related StoriesAngela WatercutterIn Sheer Scope, Avengers: Infinity War Is an Unreplicable SuccessJason ParhamBlack Panther Is All a Superhero Movie Can Be, and MoreAngela WatercutterWhy Ant-Man and the Wasp's Heroine Is a Crystal Ball for MarvelFor one, it's got a little more heft than most early teasers, which tend to focus on dramatic shots and offer little plot.