Sadly the mission is now coming to an end. The orbiting telescope has been low on coolant fuel for years, and now it is trailing further and further away from the Earth, making operations more difficult. Still, after nearly fourteen years over its planned mission lifetime, it’s done pretty well for itself. This week we will celebrate its legacy with just a few of the beautiful photos it took during its time in space.
See more of what Spitzer saw here .
- Chris Evans goes to Washington
- What Atlanta can teach tech about cultivating black talent
- The display of the future might be in your contact lens
- Scientists fight back against toxic “forever” chemicals
- All the ways Facebook tracks you—and how to limit it
- 👁 The secret history of facial recognition . Plus, the latest news on AI
- 🏃🏽♀️ Want the best tools to get healthy? Check out our Gear team’s picks for the best fitness trackers , running gear (including shoes and socks ), and best headphones