In 2024, NASA will send a mission to Titan called Dragonfly. This dual quadcopter will descend onto the moon’s surface and fly around in search of evidence of habitability.
The Dragonfly mission will spend two years flying around the surface of Titan, studying the moon’s composition and searching for signs of life. On Wednesday, NASA announced it will send a spacecraft to the surface of Titan , Saturn’s largest moon and one of the leading candidates for finding extraterrestrial microbial life in our solar system.
Make it your mission to see the rest of WIRED's collection of space photos here .
- A journey to Galaxy's Edge, the nerdiest place on earth
- Burglars really do use Bluetooth scanners to find laptops and phones
- How the dumb design of a WWII plane led to the Macintosh
- Electric cars—and irrationality—just might save the stick shift
- China's sprawling movie sets put Hollywood to shame
- 👁 A safer way to protect your data ; plus, the latest news on AI
- ✨ Optimize your home life with our Gear team’s best picks, from robot vacuums to affordable mattresses to smart speakers .