- Angela WatercutterSpider-Man: Far From Home's Tom Holland Found Out He Was Peter Parker on Instagram
Angela WatercutterThe Spider-Man: Far From Home Trailer Raises Some Questions
Angela WatercutterAvengers: Endgame Is Gunning for Avatar's Box Office Record
Angela Watercutter is a senior editor at WIRED covering pop culture.This seems to be where the MCU is heading. There's been talk of late of "Avengers fatigue," the idea that it's time for the MCU to move away from its core heroes if Marvel wants to keep fans interested in these movies. This seems to be the path the studio is taking. It's got a few movies in the works with Avengers (presumably) doing non-Avengers things—Black Panther 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Doctor Strange 2, a Black Widow prequel movie—but the rest don't focus on Earth's Mightiest Heroes: The Eternals, Shang-Chi, other as-yet-unannounced movies. Also, Disney's acquisition of Fox is now complete, which means Marvel can once again—similar to what it did when it made an agreement to coproduce Spider-Man movies with Sony—play with characters like the X-Men and the Fantastic Four instead of the ones it has been working with up until now.Frankly, this is a good thing. Spider-Man: Far From Home is a wonderfully good time. It's also, in many ways, incredibly predictable—and not just because there were two Spider-Man franchises before this one. It's expected because it's hard to imagine Peter Parker, like Tony Stark before him, not rising to the challenge—even if this struggle is just as fun as the one before. We've seen this hero's journey. It's time for a new one.
- He cyberstalked girls for years—then they fought back
- One boy’s dream vacation to see construction equipment
- Notifications are stressing us out. How did we get here ?
- How nine people built an illegal $5 million Airbnb empire
- Everything you want—and need—to know about aliens
- 🏃🏽♀️ Want the best tools to get healthy? Check out our Gear team’s picks for the best fitness trackers , running gear (including shoes and socks ), and best headphones .
- 📩 Get even more of our inside scoops with our weekly Backchannel newsletter
Courtesy of Sony Pictures Early this morning, Tom Holland, aka Peter Parker aka Spider-Man in Marvel's movies, to reveal the first trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home . No, the plot revealed in the Far From Home trailer doesn't necessarily mean that Peter Parker will be revived after Thanos' dastardly deed.