Special offer for Gear readers: Get a 1-Year Subscription to WIRED for $5 ($25 off) . This includes unlimited access to WIRED.com and our print magazine (if you'd like). Subscriptions help fund the work we do every day.
Phones, Headphones, and Accessories
If you buy something using links in our stories, we may earn a commission. This helps support our journalism. Learn more .
- Moft Snap-On Stand for $30: I want this. This snap-on stand holds your iPhone in portrait, landscape, or “floating” mode and has space to hold three cards. We also included it in our guide to the best accessories for the iPhone 12 .
- Moto G Play for $170: Motorola refreshed its budget phone lineup, which we liked a lot. The updates are pretty minor, but the price is still low. For a more in-depth look, check out our guide to the best cheap phones .
- Typewise (free): This small, helpful app is the first product from a company that's working on a 100-percent private "next word prediction engine." The distinctive honeycomb keyboard claims to reduce typos by up to 80 percent.
- MaskFone for $50: If you're wearing a mask in public and taking calls, you may need a (possibly overengineered) mask with an N95 filter, a built-in microphone, and attached earbuds. Or, you know, maybe not. Check out our guide to our favorite masks if you want a few more possibilities.
- V-Moda M-200 ANC for $500: We didn't get a chance to try these pricey headphones in person, but V-Moda has never let us down before. We're expecting this new model from the design-forward company to be one of the year's best noise-canceling headphones.
- JBL Reflect Mini NWC TWS Earbuds for $150: JBL's latest workout buds have a reflective strip for people who like being outdoors at night or at dusk. They're also noise-canceling and have IPX7 water-resistance rating. We didn't get a chance to try these either, but we've liked other JBL buds.
Computers and Cameras