Labor Day sales are the harbingers of the holiday shopping season. This year may be different in many ways, but the onslaught of autumn deals have begun on cue. Below are the best price drops on our favorite gear.We also have specific roundups for outdoor gear and mattresses , which are two categories where Labor Day sales can outshine even those of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If being at home more often has you hankering for some new additions, this roundup of deals to make your home an oasis can help.
Finally, we may be biased, but through Labor Day, you can get one full year of WIRED for $5 ($25 off) . Subscriptions also help support the work we do every day. Have a good weekend!
Updated on September 6: We've added three new deals to the roundup and checked through links to make sure everything is still available.
If you buy something using links in our stories, we may earn a commission. This helps support our journalism. Learn more .
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 Lite Tablet for $278 ($72 off): This is the best price we've seen for Samsung's handy little tablet. The S Pen is included. For those who don't want an iPad, senior associate editor Julian Chokkattu called this "a decent alternative" in his in-depth review .
- Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Wirefree Earbuds for $130 ($20 off): It may not seem like a steep discount, but this matches the best price we've seen, and it's only happened once before. WIRED recommends these earbuds , despite the lack of active noise canceling, and the price is valid on every available color. (Including that gorgeous Cloud Blue.)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 for $850 ($150 off): This 2020 phone is truly beautiful, and it comes in colorways that match the aforementioned Buds+. In our review, we said it was nearly flawless , with one of the only detractions being the price. While still expensive, this is the best deal we've seen since springtime. You might be able to save again as we get closer to the holidays, but if you don't want to wait, this deal is worthwhile.
Sign Up Today
Be the first to know about the best deals out there. Sign up for our Deals newsletter .
- Apple iPad Mini 64 GB for $350 ($50 off): The most recent release of Apple's itty-bitty iPad doesn't have a ton of new features to offer compared to its predecessor, but senior writer Lauren Goode still really likes it . We've seen this price drop before, and we'll likely see it again, but $50 is $50.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 for $700 ($200 off): This deal gets you 8 GB of RAM for only $100 more than what you might spend to get 4 GB at a store like Best Buy. You'll have to buy the Type Cover separately. Luckily, that's on sale too ($90, $40 off). This is the best 2-in-1 Surface .
- MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2019 model) for $2,099 ($300 off): This MacBook Pro (9/10, WIRED Recommends ) is an excellent choice for anyone working from home. The Core i7 model with 16 GB of RAM should be sufficient for most folks, but if you'll be using it a lot for incredibly intensive tasks, splurge for the Core i9.
- Google Pixel 4 Phone for $549 ($250 off): This deal has been around for a while , but we're highlighting it because the Pixel 4 is one of the absolute best phones you can buy. Right up there with the iPhone. It's a great phone that packs plenty of features for its price. Since the model was recently discontinued (it will still get updates and support from Google for years), the discount will last only until stores run out of inventory.
- Razer Basilisk Gaming Mouse for $30 ($20 off): While not included in our roundup of the best gaming mice , Razer makes good gear. This mouse features customizable buttons and RGB lighting. It doesn't drop lower than $30 in price, either.